Monday, January 19, 2009

Maybe Time Will Tell Us Tuesday

"Mom, who is that person in this picture? Ohhh, that's whatcha ma callum!
I mentioned in a earlier post that I have photographs in the family album with unknown places and people. The Seil /Meyer family homestead had changed alot as time passed before I took steps there. Mostly due to a fire which took the whole house. Below I have a photo that contains known people, but I could not swear on a document who they are for sure.

Do you know who they are? Can you Identify them?













Female on the left is Annie W. (Seil) Meyer.

The gentleman on the Hammock next to her is her husband Herman H. Meyer. I just am not sure about the older man and the young lad on the far right [facing us]. Unless I know who the young lad is, I can't figure out who the young child could be. Girl or boy.? Herman's brother seems short, so I don't think that gentleman is William.

I am thinking that young lad is Dwight and the other child is a visitor. Or the young lad is Lyle and the little one is Dwight. I have thought too of the young Jaeschky children who stayed in the home.

First I will have to establish a time reference and go from there. Maybe I can do that by comparing a few other photos of Annie and Herman with their children.

They could be neighbors visiting. I think if they were visiting a neighbor or relatives the people in the Hammock would be the owners. Or at someones home, the owners are polite enough to let the Meyer family sit on the Hammock for the pictures.


Who are the what'cha ma callums?
Well, maybe time will tell us.

just me here

No comments: